Saturday, December 12, 2009

waaaay tired...but only 7 days until I can racewalk again :)

I'm exhausted. Not enough sleep. I keep trying, but I think it's useless. Too much to do, too little time. Maybe once the Christmas stuff is done it will be better? Maybe not, but I can hope. I'm going to say no to anything extra, that's for sure.

***

Only 7 days until I get to racewalk again. I think I need to find some different shoes, though. With the orthotics, my left foot is rubbing the top of my shoes. It's OK with my everyday shoes, but my RW shoes are worse. I have some running shoes that seem OK, but the heels are too high for comfortable RW. But this is not really a good time to buy new shoes, not with just having bought 2 new car seats because Michelle outgrew her toddler seat. In addition, it's Christmas, AND we just went to Seattle and that cost a bit too. I think I can wait until January for some new shoes. Besides, I won't be RW that much to start with, since I want to be very cautious in increasing my mileage after not walking for 2 months.

***

The past few weeks have been a little computer hell. My PC randomly shuts itself off at inopportune times, so my boss offered me his old Mac laptop. I gladly took him up on it. Of course, that brought the usual amount of challenge of transferring data, plus more, because much of my software won't work on a Mac. After I had solved most of the problems, it still wouldn't print at home, or weirdly enough, at work. The computer guy at work looked at it and said the hard drive was iffy, and that I should get a new one and transfer the data. I did that, but during the data transfer to the new hard drive, the old one died. Grrrrrrrrr. So, now I have a Mac with a nice big hard drive and nothing on it except the applications that come with OS X. So, until I get some more applications for it, I'm back to the PC that works on and off. Wheeeeee.

***

At Weight Watchers this morning I was about the same weight as 3 weeks ago. Still 4 lbs above where I want to be, at 149. I've had a good week since Tuesday when we got back from vacation, and I'm hoping to stay strong. I'm definitely skipping the women's cookie exchange tomorrow! I'm going to save up points this week to enjoy a nice meal with Loren on Friday instead.

***

My mood hasn't been so good. The exercise in the morning is keeping me from feeling too down, but the lack of sleep and lack of sunlight isn't helping. I'm glad I get to racewalk again soon. Meanwhile, I just have to remember that winter won't last forever, and I need to hang in there.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Have you ever thought about getting one of those lamps for Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Sorry about your computer woes. :( That's really not fun. On the up side, I'm glad to hear you are staying strong - working out - avoiding excess cookies - you go girl! You will be skinny and feeling great while many people are regretting the usual holiday overeating. :-) Smart to save up your points for a great dinner w/Loren. Keep up the good work!