Sunday, December 06, 2009

the good and the bad

The good: I've been exercising well, except for the couple days I missed due to traveling (1 day) and no gym access (1 day). Mostly elliptical and bike; yesterday I did an awesome Body Pump class at Gold's Gym with my cousin Heidi. It felt great to work out after missing the 2 days.

The bad: Traveling = lots of restaurant food, more temptations than usual, and well, big eating problems. I can't blame it all on traveling, as I know I've been eating just for pleasure (not necessarily hungry, but delicious food available...sigh) and because I'm tired. I have noticed I eat when I'm tired, which is helpful to know, but combating it will be a different matter. One step at a time I guess. I'm full of excuses right now and need to just wake up and remember that the food does NOT make me happy. DUH! Man, I'm grumpy this morning.

I'll feel better after a good workout. I am going to the gym!

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Hi Tammy, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with the food issues. I'm not sure what I can do about it, but I am right there with you - trying not to overeat - ever since Thanksgiving I am dealing with all the "wrong" kinds of food coming at me. It is definitely that time of year - and the cold is not helping. Well - let's get together soon and if you think of any way we can encourage each other, let me know. Here is a quote Bryan told me, by Kate Moss - "No food tastes as good as being thin feels." Of course, Kate Moss should not be our goal or inspiration (the psychiatrists hate this quote because it fuels their anorexic patients!) but I thought it was memorable, anyway. See you soon and keep up the good fight! You can do it!

Tammy said...

Thanks, Sarah. After I wrote this I decided to swear off of any kind of goodies between now and Christmas. Two days in, I feel better.

The Kate Moss quote is one I've heard in WW and it's been helpful to me. I've thought of it often recently, and perhaps it's helping. I know I do not want to go back to the way I was before! And I won't. I just have to get through the next few months of dark and winter.