Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Race

Well, it was a bit of a disappointment all around. After doing a mock 5K in 31:42 on Thursday (an average 10:12 mile), I did the race in only 35:06. Turns out that a couple people w/GPS gizmos said the race was actually 3.26-3.27 miles (seemed like it to me anyway), but that still puts me at a 10:44 mile, which is very disappointing.

To add insult to injury, there was a problem w/the prizes. Every division was divided into men and women, EXCEPT walking, where we were all lumped together. How unfair is that? I placed 5th when combined w/the men, but if they had only counted women, I would have placed 2nd (a 19-year-old woman walked faster than me). Unless they change the way they do things, I don't plan on doing this race again.

All in all, a disappointment. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Danny said...

The pictures are priceless.