Tuesday, September 19, 2006

To work, or not to work?

On Thursday I got an interesting phone call. S called and asked if I wanted to work part time again. The position sounds very intriguing and like a great opportunity in a lot of ways, career-wise. I think I'd really enjoy it. L is all in favor of me doing it, with certain conditions I won't detail here (suffice it to say, it will make things easier on him in terms of babysitting at inconvenient times). Calvin LOVES Cove Care (the school we had him in before), and so the big question mark is Michelle. Will she like it? Is it good for her too? We can't really ask her. Today I'm going to leave them there for the afternoon so I can shop for clothes (yeah!) and we'll see how she likes it, that is, if we can tell. If the job was FT, I would not even think about it, because I don't want to be away from the kids that much and I don't think it's good for them either, w/L working FT also. But a great PT job? With the exact hours/days I want to work? It's tempting. I have prayed about it quite a bit, and while no booming voice from heaven is speaking to me, everything seems to indicate that this might be a good thing to do. Input from the readers of this blog is welcomed :).

No comments: