Saturday, October 15, 2005

Progress of 2 types

First, the bad news. I gained 2 lb this week. I was totally following the WW program and did not cheat. However, I am taking a medication that has made me very bloated & nasty feeling, and I'm sure the weight gain is from that. I am determined to stick with things and keep going, and not let this bother me.

Now, the fantastic news! I entered the U of U Young Alumni 5K run/walk/stroll. I decided to take Calvin and push him in the stroller, because it would be fun for both of us. Because I've been doing lots of aerobic (read: very very fast) walking, I decided to walk the race. I thought if I did under 40 min that would be good, and if I got 36-37 min I would be especially pleased. Well, I surpassed my expectations, finishing in 34:59!!! As I crossed the finish line, they told me I was 3rd place in the female stroller division! WOW! I have never won ANYTHING for any athletic pursuit, EVER. I am so thrilled and excited. I had no idea they were giving prizes for people pushing strollers, either. I just wanted to do it. Anyway, I won a 3rd place ribbon and a really cool Utes umbrella (shaped like a football helmet!).

1 comment:

Sara Z. said...

Wow, that's an excellent time for a 5K! Hell, I RAN one and it took me 45 minutes!