Monday, October 10, 2005

Fast forward

"Did you ever feel like someone put your day on fast-forward?" I asked Loren, as we had dinner tonight. Well actually, I asked him as I quickly choked down 3 chicken tacos (delicious, despite the hurry) before women's Bible study tonight. That was my day, except for a brief time in the afternoon. Loren & I watched "This Divided State" (great documentary about Michael Moore's visit to UVSC) while Calvin napped. Other than that, it was go, go, go.

Perhaps I need to be asking myself why I feel so compelled to cram so much into every day. It's not like I feel guilty about relaxing, it's just that there is so much I think I HAVE to do RIGHT NOW that CAN'T WAIT one more minute. At least that's the thought train going 'round in my head. I mean, I like to relax as much as the next person, and I get annoyed that I have so much I HAVE TO DO that I can't relax. Then I get irritated with Loren because he does know how to relax, and why does he always get to rest when I HAVE TO WORK? But this is silly, since the only reason I am working so hard is that I am driving myself to it.

Hmmmm. This is deserving of more thought. I'll probably put it off until I have time, which means I won't do it. I do actually need to get some sleep now...

No comments: