Sunday, October 30, 2005

Boring & selfish. That's not good.

I was reading my posts (I know, I said I'm done posting for the night, but I changed my mind) and decided that they are boring. Pointless. Obsessed about the same things over & over. I mean, why does anybody but me care about my repeated rantings about food, WW, my son, and my IF problems? I should be more outwardly-focused. How boring can I be? Navel-gazing 35 year old mother writes blather about things that seem important at the time. No significant thought whatsoever. This has GOT to change. Like, yeah right, it's going to change when the daily routine of diapers, laundry, part-time work, cooking, cleaning, etc. is not going to let up... but I certainly hope it can be different. I do actually think about weighty theological matters. I read a variety of interesting books... yet not much of that has made it on here. And this post itself is more of the same inwardly-focused blather.

I'm very thankful that at least God has not given up on me - I truly believe that God really is, for whatever reason (he loves me!?) fixing me up from the inside out, and there is hope for change and new life. That sounds really trite, but I really mean it, so bear with the lack of more sophisticated language to convey what I'm feeling.

4 comments:

Mark Peach said...

Tammy, don't be too hard on yourself. I like keeping up on your blog and it is fine to journal what your thinking. I appreciate your openness about your life.

Mark Peach said...

Also, in light of our last bible study discussion. I thought you might be interested in this link regardinghttp://www.reformationtheology.com/2005/10/understanding_2_peter_39_by_pa.php#more 2 Peter 3:9 -

Melissa Peach said...

I enjoy reading your blog too. I find Calvin fascinating, and I always get excited hearing about your triumphs with WW. Keep writing.

Sara Z. said...

Um. You are NOT BORING AND SELFISH! You are interesting and no more selfish than anyone! Sounds like you are having The Bad Week of Self-Disgust. Do you think those message are coming from a loving father? Or perhaps...from someone/something else whose motives are not quite so pure? a.k.a. Wormwood, the Enemy, the Evil One...