Monday, August 01, 2005

Mundane details & rambling for the day

Today was a good day - got lots of little stuff done. Did some cleaning, some financial stuff, some playing with the boy, some exercise. Went to work for a bit, and gave Carrie a baby present (she's about to have her baby - any day now - and she works in the Li lab). I made her a sling, and showed her how to use it. Hopefully she'll enjoy it and find it helpful, but if not, oh well. So after work, I went to Sears to pick up the pictures I had reprinted because some of the first set came out funny. They look a lot better. While I was there I shopped for pants, because I am down to 2 pairs that fit. That's what happens when you lose 50 lbs! I was excited because the size 18 Lee jeans fit me :) perfectly and I haven't been able to wear size 18 in a long long time. I also got some size 16 of another brand, but they must run big since no other size 16s fit. These were a tiny bit tight but will be fitting perfectly in no time. I was very happy to be able to buy clothes in the regular misses section instead of the plus size section!!! I also got some shorts and a skort. Lots of fun! Calvin enjoyed playing with the mirror in the dressing room, so he was entertained too. Then we came home & I taught 2 piano lessons and had something to eat. Tonight we're going to watch a movie, but I have no idea what Loren has gotten for us - we'll see what it is! Last night we saw "The Aviator" about Howard Hughes' life - it was very interesting. I didn't really know much about him, so it was pretty enlightening. He was quite a bizarre character.

No comments: