Saturday, August 22, 2015

14K

Today was a bit of a slog, but I got through it. It's been a stressful week, and I'm doing everything I can to keep it at bay, but it's just one of those unavoidable things in life: selling a house and buying a new one is stressful. I'm a bit overextended and tired, but I am still doing my workouts as I know they help provide sanity.

I knew by 5K that this one was not going to be pretty, as I was already at 6:32/km and I could feel that I wasn't strong today. But I was determined to finish. I saw a friend at 4.4km, and chatted for a few minutes; went on and at about 7km stopped for a drink at the Liberty Park water fountain, and talked to a couple runners training for their first marathon. They are planning to do Top of Utah! I gave them some insight into the course from my experience, and then went on.

The weather was delightful at least, except for the smoke from all the Western wildfires. It was 17.8C (64F), calm, and clear and sunny.

I finally made it to 14K in 1:33:32 for 6:40/km (yeah...I know...I'm sorry coach...doing my best). Ave HR was 144. I felt OK, other than being a bit tired.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: