Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Random thoughts for the week

After not posting for a week (again), I'm back. Monday night women's group was good & helpful, as usual. They were all kind to listen to me ramble about how my life has gotten all chaotic again, despite my best intentions. I'm happy to report that 2 days later, things are better. I have been more deliberate about NOT planning too much and NOT trying to accomplish too much in one day. I have taken naps. I even managed to (gasp!) get up early and have a nice quiet time yesterday. Plus, at work, I addressed some issues of having too much to do, and gave some stuff to my co-workers. I always feel vaguely guilty when I have to admit that I just can't do everything, but the guilt didn't last very long this time. I mostly feel relieved that I don't have to try and cram all that stuff into my part-time presence in the lab, and I feel I'll do the things I do have to do much better now that I've handed some of the other projects over to others. Whew. Anyway, I do appreciate the prayers of the women on Monday, because they really did seem to help.

I'm finding myself increasingly tired and more uncomfortable. Baby girl's antics still delight, but sometimes at 3 am after the 2nd (or even 3rd) bathroom trip when I am trying to get back to sleep, the kicking/punching/rolling around is a bit difficult. All in all, I am still feeling great, though, and the pregnancy has been pretty easy overall, for which I am VERY grateful. It's just that with only 2 weeks and 2 days left until c-section day, I am getting super antsy to actually HOLD my baby and look into her eyes and cuddle her. I'm a bit like a kid at Christmas, counting down the days and the work days until she arrives. Of course, that makes time seem so much slower, but I just can't help it. It's so exciting! We've mostly got things ready for her, which is good. I'm also now seeing the doctor every week, which makes the countdown seem more real as well.

Well, it's time to read a few other blogs and then go to bed early. I need the rest!!!

No comments: