Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Piano recital

My students' recital was tonight, and they did pretty well. I'm watching the video (sort of, since I'm reading blogs, e-mail, and typing this) while I download it into my computer. I'm going to make them all a DVD so they can review their performances before Guild auditions. Maybe watching themselves on tape will help them see/hear things that I keep telling them about that they don't seem to change. Mostly they are doing really well, but there are certain things I tell them over and over that don't sink in. Ah well, they are young yet. Anyway, there were some great moments of success, and some spectacular OOPS moments too. The thing that is neat, though, is hearing the improvement they are all making over time - they are so much better than last year or the year before.

No comments: