Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow was cool :)

I have to admit that my first thought when I saw the snow accumulating this morning was despair. I worried about Loren and Calvin driving to day care in it. I cursed winter because I am sick of it. But, gloom has a way of turning to joy sometimes, and that's what happened today. I turned on the TV to see just how bad the roads were, and they were VERY bad. The reporter said that the east bench (where Calvin's day care is) got "slammed". That, and seeing that I-80 was closed in Parley's Canyon and that it was covered with snow at 700 East, settled it for me. There was NO way I was letting Loren drive Calvin to day care in that in our little Geo Metro - not with SUVs with 4WD thinking they can drive 70 mph in said conditions. So, I called in a snow day to work, and stayed home with il Calvino. When daddy left, Calvin was motioning "hat" to me, and when I put his hat on, he banged on the front door to go outside. OK, OK... we'll go outside. I had to shovel, anyway. We had a blast outside; click here for some pics and videos of our adventures.

1 comment:

Sara Z. said...

I love the pictures!