Tuesday, October 13, 2015

cross-training

I was going to do speed work today, but I've not been getting enough sleep and it's affecting me too much. Time to re-prioritize! I went to the Taylorsville High track and met Kelly at 5:45 (UGH!) because she had to work in Provo today. I warmed up with 1600m racewalking but legs were really sluggish; still, my strides were OK. I decided to stretch and start my workout and at least go 500m and see how it was. When the first 500m was 2:56, I decided that perhaps I should do this workout tomorrow instead. So, I jogged with Kelly for the remaining time until 6:30 when she had to leave, which was about 20 min. My quads are now killing me because I NEVER run, so I admit I'm a bit amused. I don't think that will mess me up for tomorrow's speed work, but if it does, well, then I'll be the stronger for it.

Total: about 15 min racewalking and 20 min running.

No comments: