Tuesday, October 09, 2012

15K slog

Ouch.

This hurt.

A lot.

The weather was perfect (46F, 8C) but my legs were not. They were sore from yesterday, especially my left glutes.

I made it to 10K in an OK time despite my heavy and sore legs, even 13K not so bad, but the last 2K my legs totally gave up. Seriously. It was like they were dead. I could barely racewalk.

Mentally, this whole workout was a huge struggle. I wanted to quit. But I only have one more week of really hard training leading up to the 30K, and I've put in too much now to quit. If my 25th high school reunion wasn't the same weekend as the 30K, though, I probably would bail on the 30K now. I just don't see this ending well. I should trust my coach, though. He's almost always right about everything and he does see it ending well. I'm tired today and not thinking clearly so probably should not think so much :).

Total time: 1:35:04 for 6:20/k with ave HR 145. 5K splits: 30:36, 31:34, 32:54 (!).

Garmin data here.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

If this helps: when I am struggling in a race or a workout, I think of my endurance sport friends (and you are one of them) who tough it out when things get hard.

In other words, your workout might not have helped you, but it did help me!
:-)