Saturday, April 21, 2007

Half Marathon Finisher!!!

I did it! 13.1 miles in 2 hr 20 min 30 sec (or thereabouts... it was 2:24:00 clock time, but we didn't cross the starting line for 3 min 30 sec or so). That's a 10:44/mile pace, or for the metrically inclined, a 6:40/km pace. I did the last 5k at a 10:38/mile pace, even though it was a slight uphill! It was tough, but I felt SO awesome when I crossed the finish line. It was an amazing feeling. I almost started to cry, because I could not believe how far I have come from being a total couch potato.

Here are some pictures if you want to see them.

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Congratulations - that is AWESOME! Were you surprised when you learned your final time?

Was it easier than you thought? Harder?

Again, congrats!

Tammy said...

Steve - I racewalked it :) of course! I HATE RUNNING!!!!!

Sarah - It was about how I thought it would be. The last 2 miles were a killer, because of the slight uphill and because I was tired, but I figured they'd be rough, so I was mentally prepared. I wasn't surprised by the time, since I had my stopwatch going and my Nike iPod sport kit going too.