Saturday, January 14, 2006

Warm today

Can't believe it - our thermometer said 60 degrees not long ago! Wow! It's the "warm before the storm" for sure, because we're supposed to get 4-10 inches of snow tomorrow. Loren, thankfully, had a huge burst of energy today and raked the smidgen of the remaining leaves, scooped dog poop, put a new headlight in the Geo, got the oil changed on the Buick, and more. Fabulous... all of that is MUCH easier before there is 4-10 inches of snow on the ground.

In turn, I managed to not go outside at all (bummer!) because I've been cleaning the house top to bottom, which is good. I also made Loren some banana split bars (mmmmmm). I might have to have one.

My piano students are here so gotta run. More later.

3 comments:

Danny said...

"I also made Loren some banana split bars (mmmmmm). I might have to have one."

Whoa. Whoa. What's THAT? You can't get away with posting something like that and not telling us exactly what goodness it contains. :)

Tammy said...

Banana split bars are actually more like cake when they're done ... but very good. They have bananas (duh!), crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, and of course lots of flour, sugar, oil, etc. Then you frost them w/buttercream frosting. Yum!!! By the way, they're all gone now... I ate only one (aren't you all proud of me? They're 7 points each, so...) and Loren ate about 12, and our small group ate about 5. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, small group, we miss you all and your yummy cooking.