Friday, June 10, 2016

6K

I racewalked today. It went OK. I was slow and cautious because of my hamstring, but it actually didn't hurt too much. Maybe 1-2/10, and mostly 1 with the occasional 2. I guess that's all right. 40:16 for slow 6:44/km with ave HR 142.

Then I had PT, and my PT was dismayed about my tweaking my hammy again :(. But he thought it might not be too bad. He is pushing me to do some more eccentric hamstring exercises daily, even if they hurt a little. The latest research shows that some eccentric load helps tendons heal faster. Seems to make sense. He had me do some exercises and they hurt 2-3/10; the ones that were 3 we stopped before they could get worse. I am feeling OK now, in the afternoon.

I might try a longer walk tomorrow. I don't know. I'm still tired and discouraged and trying to figure things out. I still need to stay in shape, and I still want to RW. But I wonder if I am pushing too hard for something that can't happen right now. My PT and coach don't seem to think so, so maybe I should believe them?
<3 3="" a="" and="" as="" because="" bit="" but="" depending="" did="" diminished="" each="" eccentric="" exercise="" exercises="" for="" good="" he="" hurt="" i="" is="" latest="" loading="" nbsp="" new="" no="" ok="" on="" ones="" p="" pain="" recovery.="" research="" s="" says="" set.="" sharp="" shows="" sign.="" so="" some="" stopped="" tendon="" that="" the="" then="" they="" we="" were="">

No comments: