Monday, February 02, 2015

elliptical; 8K

Yesterday: optional day, but I decided to cross-train. I need to lose weight, and sitting around on my duff all day eating and watching football is not good for that. So I made sure that I got to the gym and did 45 min on the elliptical. I did watch football, and I did eat snacks, but I was careful.

Speaking of weight loss, please follow me on www.stickK.com to see how I do and to encourage me with my commitment to lose 8.6 pounds by May 9 (the weekend before the Riverside 15K). I want to be in prime racing shape!

Today: 8K. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, so decided to go in to work an hour late and then stay an hour later. No biggie; I'm 30 hr/week so there's some flexibility built in there. I got the kids off to school and then went for my racewalk. It was raining lightly (very light drizzle) but enough to get a bit damp; however, as it was a nice warm 42F (5.5C) I didn't mind too much. Sugar didn't seem to mind either. She enjoyed getting out and whining at all the other dogs on the route :). My legs started off very sluggish and the first km was about 6:45, but after that I started to feel better. The route I chose, along the new S line in SugarHouse, was a slight downhill from 1km to 4.1km, then slightly uphill back to 7km or so. That's reflected in my relatively fast splits (just over 3:00) from 1 to 4km. Legs did pretty well until maybe 6.5km, when I got tired. My toe was rather grumpy for the last 2km as well :(. Hopefully I won't have to back off because of that.

Totals: 8km in 51:34 for 6:27/km with ave HR 153. 

No comments: