Friday, February 06, 2015

knee is OK; 5K easy

My knee was OK when I woke up. It's still a bit sore, but better than yesterday and racewalking was no problem this morning.

It was really warm again this morning, at 7.8C (46F), so I wore capri pants and a long-sleeved shirt. I thought it was 50F so I didn't wear gloves, but I didn't really miss them even though it wasn't actually quite 50F. Calvin came along with me for the 5K, and he walked Sugar (holding her leash in his hand just in case!). She was really well-behaved though, and I'm sure what happened yesterday was a total fluke. Anyway, Calvin and I had a great time. We ran/walked (he ran, I walked) 5K in 32:20 for 6:28/km and my legs felt really good. No problems. We enjoyed chatting and I'm sure he'll run with me again soon. He's "training" (lightly) for a 5-mile (8K) race in Moab in March, when I do the half marathon there.

I screwed up my watch and somehow pressed the start button again later on the bus up to work, so the Garmin data isn't worth considering, and I don't know my ave HR for my 5K but looking at my splits it was probably ~150.

Tomorrow is 12K. Gulp. Nervous about that, which is completely ridiculous as it's historically a very short distance for me, but what can I say? I haven't gone that far in a while, so I guess it's normal to be a bit nervous.

No comments: