Thursday, February 12, 2015

8K + 3x200 @85% effort

I don't know what it is about Thursdays. I was slow today, and slow last Thursday too. But I'm still feeling good: no fatigue, and no weird soreness, and as long as I can train I'll eventually be faster. So Jim says, anyway. I have to be patient.

The weather was pretty nice: 36F (2.2C) and calm and clear. I took the dog and did the 8K without incident, doing my technique exercises after the first 2km. Other than being slow, I felt OK. My legs were a bit tired, but otherwise fine.

Total time for 8K was 52:47 for 6:36/km with ave HR 141. The 3x200 @85% was pathetically slow (at 500m I was at 2:55...ughhhh!) but I got them done.

Garmin data here for 8K and here for 3x200.

***

Edited to add: yesterday I cross-trained 30 min on the elliptical in the morning and 22 min at night - took Grace to Steiner for a swim after I did my elliptical, and she loved it.

No comments: