Friday, May 22, 2015

5x1km

Yesterday: elliptical; got up late so only 25 min :/ but I guess that's better than nothing.

Today: 5x1km. Weather: lovely for training, at 11.1C (52F) and overcast. Perfect for shorts and T-shirt. I did a 1.5km warm-up, throwing in a few strides along the way, in a quick 9:31 (slight downhill at the end). I SO wish that the track was open...I miss it...but 800 East works OK in a pinch. It's not flat, but the inclines are slight. Slight and noticeable to a racewalker. Oh well!

Starting off on the intervals it was a slight downhill for the first km, then slight up for 500m and flat 500m. The third km was flat then slight downhill, and the 4th km slight uphill. For the 5th I did the slight downhill. You can tell from the times!!! My legs got pretty tired by the 3rd km, and then the 4th and 5th were tough going. My heart rate was unusually high today, both on the intervals and on the recoveries. On the last recovery it was only down to about 126; usually it's at least below 120 by 2 minutes. During the intervals it was in the mid 170s by the end of the 3rd-5th intervals, and it maxed out at 177 (! my max is supposedly 191!).

My legs felt OK, except that they tired fast. I did have possibly a slight (very slight) bit of the weird soreness this morning. I'm not 100% sure but am writing it down just as data.

Times: 5:36.8, 5:42.0, 5:42.4, 5:57.1 (uphill, slightly; tired), 5:45.3 (downhill, slightly, tired). Total 28:44 for the 5K. I'm still slow compared to what I used to be pre-illness, but I am improving slowly. I'm not sure I'll ever be as fast as I was pre-illness, but I just don't know what might happen. I will expect improvement and train for it and hope for the best.

Garmin data here. 

Side note: weight this morning was 157.8. I have lost about 6 pounds since January :). I've been working hard. This week I gained one back (lazy eating), as it had been 7. I'm going to buckle back down and keep working on this to get back to <150 a="" all="" and="" as="" been="" better="" but="" care="" challenging.="" discipline="" dogs="" eat="" energy="" for="" goals.="" happen="" hard="" has="" have="" helps="" hopefully.="" house="" husband="" i="" if="" involves="" it="" kids="" left="" lot="" my="" nbsp="" of="" p="" racing="" reach="" s="" sleep="" sleeping="" some="" takes="" that="" the="" time.="" to="" train="" want="" well.="" well="" what="" work="">

No comments: