Saturday, May 23, 2015

10K and feeling fine

Whew. I'm feeling fine after my 10K this morning. I was quite nervous yesterday because I really thought I had some of the weird soreness all day, and I was very fatigued when I got home from work. I napped from 5-7pm before we went to the symphony, which is quite uncharacteristic of me. But it seems to have helped, because the 10K went smoothly this morning.

Nice weather, same as yesterday, 11.1C (52F). It's been cool and rainy which is getting a bit old, but frankly, we need the water so I'm not complaining.

I took BOTH dogs with me this morning (at left; Powder and Sugar, who wouldn't sit still for the photo!). It was the first time I took both of them, and it was interesting. Powder is a work in progress. She was pulling a lot, and kept running in front of me at first. She got a lot better, but then at about 6km she got tired and pretty much refused to move. After a brief rest I got her going again and walked them back home. I left them home and still had 2.2km to go, so I went out alone and was much faster w/o them :). I think in a few weeks it'll be a lot easier, so it's just going to be annoying for a bit until I get her fully trained. She was pretty good about not chasing other dogs, cats, etc., though she was clearly interested in them and was ready to do so if I let up.

As for me, my legs felt fine, and I did the 10K quite easily, which honestly surprised me. I was expecting it to be a death march. Go figure! I'm happy that it went fine. Total time: 1:04:18 for 6:26/km with ave HR about 150.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: