Thursday, May 14, 2015

5K + 5x200

Nice weather this morning - 15C (60F) and overcast.

I felt good and recovered; yesterday my legs were tired so I took the day off. But today was better. I did a nice fast-ish 5K to see how race pace of 6:10/km would feel; it was moderate to moderately hard for 5K, so I'm not sure how Sunday's 15K will go, but ... well, it is what it is. I have trained as hard as my body would let me. The 5K was 31:15 with ave HR 150, and then I did 5x200m. The 200s were really good - I felt so fast! I do have some fast-twitch muscles left, apparently. I did them in 5:03 total for the 1km, which is the best I've done in a while, so I'm feeling good. My legs have felt great the rest of the day, so I'm recovering well. Tomorrow I'll rest or a gentle x-train, Saturday 15 min easy, Sunday RACE! :)

5K here

200s here.

No comments: