Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We did it!

Alex, Erica, and I hiked Mt. Timpanogos yesterday. It's a total of 14.06 miles on the Timpooneke trail, and 4389 feet of elevation change. We left the trailhead at 6:30 am, and got to the top at 11 am. I was pretty scared on the top part, as the drop-offs by the trail were very steep. The vertigo was quite something - I had never really experienced anything like that before. Alex & Erica were quite encouraging though, and up we went. Fortunately, the altitude didn't really bother me much (though Alex and Erica noticed it more, being from sea level). The views from the saddle and the summit were so beautiful - I was amazed (actually, the scenery on the whole hike was fabulous - it was just a gorgeous hike). We ate lunch on top of the mountain, and descended starting at about 11:40 am. We got back to the car at 3:30 pm, very dirty and tired, but feeling victorious. My muscles aren't too sore today, except for my calves, which are hurting. (However, it didn't keep me from going on my walk this morning, which felt good - I did an 11:17 mile for 3.12 miles!). I'm happy that the training I did enabled me to actually do the hike pretty well. Posted by Picasa
MORE PICTURES HERE

No comments: