Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Exercise update

Saturday 8/12 walked to 953 Diestel; 3.02 miles; 35:20 (11:41 mile). 64 degrees, felt good. Average heart rate 141.

Sunday 8/13 walked about 4 miles while camping. It was beautiful up in the mountains and it was an amazing walk. 52 minutes; ave heart rate was low 140s.

Monday 8/14 walked pushing the stroller because Loren had an early morning appt and my alarm clock didn't go off. It was a decent walk but a bit warm.

Tuesday 8/15 hiked up Mt Van Cott above the U of U. I'm not sure how far I walked, but my book Hiking the Wasatch suggests 2 miles round trip. However, I think it was farther because of where I had to park - there is now a building where there used to be parking when the book was written. I am guessing maybe 3 miles round trip. It took about 1 hr 10 min, and it is 1148 feet of elevation gain, according to the book. My quads were really feeling it on the way down - it was quite steep, that's for sure. I'm still trying to get ready for the Timp hike next Monday the 21st, so I thought a real steep hike was in order.

No comments: