Tuesday, March 15, 2016

8K; misc.

Sunday: I did the hard yoga DVD - all of it :). My muscles were VERY tired from the half marathon, and I could feel it when I did the yoga; I'm pretty sure much of that was because of the hilly course. Then we did some light hiking; probably about 2 miles of easy walking on trails in Arches National Park.

Monday: elliptical, and some PT, including jumping rope. My PT thinks that explosive calf strength will help, and I agree. The jumping rope is hard though - it's not just jumping rope, but also doing one-foot jumprope, alternating feet every 2 touches. It requires a lot of coordination; I'm still working on it. I had a lot of delayed onset muscle soreness, and was glad for the x-training.

Today: 8K with Sugar (no Calvin, no Powder). It was about 36F (2.2C) and snowing very lightly but the roads were essentially dry with a few puddles. I felt fine, and well-recovered - the muscle soreness is pretty much gone. I focused a lot on technique and enjoyed my walk. Total time was 52:17 for 6:32/km with ave HR 143, which is pretty good of late. Hopefully I'm going to turn the corner soon and pick up some speed. Pain was 1/10 at most - very well controlled and hamstring is feeling good.

Garmin data here.

No comments: