Thursday, December 06, 2012

8K fartlek...not!

Kelly and I met at the track at 5:55 am to do our workout. She was going to try to do it despite her ankle, which is improving but still hurts. I was going to try to do it despite my roiling guts.

Well...we warmed up for 4 laps and Kelly's foot was throbbing. She thought it was from the tape being too tight, but until she is sure, I told her to quit because it wasn't worth it. And me? My GI system is still unhappy - though it was much better yesterday, I woke with problems today. By the 2nd lap my guts were complaining. In addition, my muscles are very sore today (and were sore yesterday, oddly). I can best attribute the soreness to the lingering virus, as the 8K kickdown + 12K should not have made me this sore. I don't know what else is going on. Between my guts and my legs I decided that I should save my energy for recovery from the virus so that I can possibly do 20K on Saturday.

So after our warm-up we bailed to nicer locations (it wasn't too bad out, at 40F (4C) with heavy fog) and had a peppermint mocha (Kelly) and a hot tea (me) and chatted instead.

A workout was just not in the cards today.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

live to train another day.