Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12K

12K was on the agenda today, early. Kelly has a carpool that meets at 7, so we met at 5:25 am to get our workout in. It was pretty nice this morning for December, at 32F (0C) with just a little breeze.

My glutes were definitely a bit sore from yesterday, but they held up pretty well. I wasn't really fast, but wasn't terribly slow either. I felt happy with my walk. Kelly struggled at the end but when I pushed her she was able to stay with me; yesterday SHE was faster, but today I had more staying power. She is young and quick but I have more base at the moment. Soon she will be faster than me every day, but for now it's great to have a training partner. I gave her a bunch of red cards again today for her knee. She is learning and her technique is getting better, but when she is tired it naturally is harder for her.

Total time 1:15:00 for 6:15/km with ave HR 143.

No comments: