Tuesday, October 12, 2010

yeah...more x-training...

Today I cranked out 30 min on the bike and 30 min on the elliptical. My Garmin batteries were dead, so no data there, sorry! I couldn't even check my HR except on the machines themselves. I didn't work that hard, because it was mostly in the low 130s. I have a harder time getting my HR up on the machines than if I'm outside RW.

***

A little bit of good news. My coach has some theories about my foot problem and what might be causing it. I've always noticed that I overstride a bit w/my left leg, and my coach thinks that is a good part of my problem - the left hip comes too far forward, and that causes the foot to end up more medial than it ought to be, putting undue stress on the tendon. The answer? Lengthen my stride more behind my body with the left leg and that should 1) shorten it a bit in front, 2) cause the R hip to come farther forward (which is good, because it wasn't getting enough rotation). So I am going to think about getting more stride length behind the body with the L leg and also about getting a better toe-off w/that foot. Hopefully those will help. In addition, the coach has given me some exercises to do to strengthen my L gluteus medius and my R abductors.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to try 10K. The foot feels fine today :) and hopefully if I really focus a lot on the technique I can do 10K without too many problems. We'll see.

No comments: