Monday, September 13, 2010

cross-training

Today I cross-trained. I did 30 min on the stationary bike and 30 min on the elliptical; I opted for indoor because of the morning chill and also because I wanted to read. I read my Weight Watchers magazine and also Scientific American (yeah, I have diverse reading taste!). Then I did weight training: 3 sets of each - dead lifts + chest press (machine), one-legged bridges, holding 30 sec each leg + row (machine); military press (standing) + one-legged squats; then abs, including 2' plank, side plank, crunches, and rowing (for lower abs).

My quads are still a tiny bit sore from Saturday, but other than that I'm feeling better. The GI system is feeling good...hopefully it will stay that way!

My coach gave me my new training schedule. I'm excited! It's got some very tough workouts though...20km kickdowns! I'm sure I'll be ready when the time comes.

No comments: