Sunday, August 15, 2010

5K race photos; easy 6K

Here are the photos from our race yesterday. There's one video, too, near the end; I'm at 46 seconds into it.

***

Today my new training schedule commenced. I'm excited to be starting up again. I was to do an easy 6K, so I decided to go around Liberty Park, and I took my dog Copper with me. She was lagging a bit but did OK overall and didn't slow me down. I was a little sore from yesterday (only a little, in my hips) but overall felt good. I did 6.34K in 41:34 for 6:34/km. Haha, that's funny! 6.34K at 6:34/km :).

***

I have lots of vacation photos to link to, and stories to tell about our trip, but still haven't found time to do it. I'm going to try to donate platelets this afternoon, and if my hematocrit is high enough I'll have a few hours to kill and I can do it. But if not (and I'm suspecting it's still not that great), I will just go to work and screen fish that I crossed on Friday instead, in which case I won't have time to blog about the trip just yet. Tonight we're taking the kids to a church bbq/swim party, so I probably won't get around to it tonight either, but I promise to do it soon :).

No comments: