Wednesday, June 16, 2010

easy 12K

Yes, you read that right. My coach is letting me do my recovery days at an easier pace, since I wasn't recovering so well. I felt really good on this one for the first 6K, but my legs started to get a bit heavy & tired on the last 6K. Nothing like Sunday, but it just reminded me that it was good to take it easy. I finished the 12K in 1:22:00 for 6:50/k with an ave HR of 138.

Liberty Park is still a mess from the oil spill, but now they have the park open except for a small stretch on the south end, so I was able to go around the park. I also went around Sugar House Park, and saw the most beautiful sunrise, with the rays of the sun peeking behind orange and pink clouds just over the mountains. It was a lovely morning; a bit warm at 66F (19C) and partly sunny. Now it's sunny and windy - a storm is coming through. Ugh...will probably rain on my track workout tomorrow :(.

After my 12K, I drove to the gym and lifted weights. Chest press (machine)/hip cybex machine for abductors, back extensions/leg press (machine), lateral raises/calf raises, all of those 3 supersets of 10-12 reps. Then a bunch of miscellany --- 3 sets tricep pull-downs, 1 set leg extensions (quads), 1 set on abs machine, and a couple other things I don't remember now :). Finally, a good hard set of core exercises with Lisa, including planks, then stretching.

Workout details here.

1 comment:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Tammy, Love seeing the family photos on the prior post. Sweet times aheads. Their first??

I have news. I met a young woman a while back (the girlfriend of our dept. tech.) She is degreed in kinesiology and last week we were talking. One thing lead to another and she asked if I would be interested in trying her as a personal trainer. Well, is the POPE Catholic? What an amazing opportunity. I have a lot more to say about it but I'm going to wait for a blog post and give all the details after the first meeting on Monday at 2 p.m. I'm so excited.