Saturday, March 06, 2010

Day 38: 40 days 'til 40

This will also be my food post for today, because today we were eating out and/or going away for the night with our spouses. Loren and I did both! We are at Zermatt Resort in Midway, UT from Friday-Sunday, relaxing and enjoying :).

Workout for Friday:
30 min racewalking outside (slushy/snowy - did 2.75 miles in 31:12 for an 11:21/mile pace. Slow, but the footing wasn't the best and I couldn't get a good toe push. Still happy to be outside though - it was beautiful. Got my feet very wet, but I stayed warm anyway :). Then went to the gym and did 45 min on the exercise bike (video bike - they are both fixed now! Yay! The smelly guy was on the elliptical but I was able to be one bike over since it was fixed, and that worked out fine). Finally, about 10 minutes of PT exercises, moderate intensity. Total: 10 points.

Food for Friday:
Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (homemade - 1c fat-free homemade yogurt, 3t Splenda, 1/2c mixed berries) & apple (3 points)
Lunch: 1c red bell pepper & tomato soup (Pacific brand, from Costco; 2 points), 1 grapefruit (lg; 2 points), 10 baby carrots, 1 orange bell pepper sliced (0 points for veggies); 4 points total.
Snack: 1 asian pear (1 point) and some more baby carrots (0)
Dinner: Zermatt buffet! I used to avoid buffets when I first joined WW, because I thought if you can't eat and eat and eat, what's the point? But now I realize you can try LOTS of things, just with small portions of each, and it's fun! It's still hard to stay within points but I did it. I had 22 points allowance and 18 for the day, plus my 10 activity points (which I am keeping ALL of today), for a total of 50 points. Breakfast & lunch & snack were 8 points, leaving me 42 for dinner. This is what I had, with my points guesses in parentheses.
Tilapia salad (salad with chunks of breaded tilapia, about 1c salad) (2)
Shrimp cocktail 2 oz (2)
bread (small slice, about 2.5 inches round diameter, and 1/2 inch or less thick) (1)
3 medium coconut shrimp (5 but OH SO GOOD)
2 oz tilapia w/veggie salsa (2)
2 oz salmon with 1/4c rice (3)
1/2c New England clam chowder (2)
1.5T artichoke dip and 3 chips (3)
Total dinner: 20
Now for the good part - dessert!
2 sm chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies (8)
chocolate mousse cup (1"x1") (1)
white chocolate cheescake bite (2)
chocolate truffle tart, 1" wide slice (5)
bread pudding, 1/4c (3)
2 cups coffee (0)
Total: 19
Total for the day: 39; so 3 points left. Yay! I did it!
Next week will be harder though - have more eating occasions with all the b-day celebrating. Realistically, if I can just stay within points eating ALL my activity points this week, that will be good. That's my plan - just maintenance this week.

No comments: