Wednesday, February 10, 2010

yesterdays's swim

Forgot to blog about this. But how could I forget? It was not the greatest swim workout :(. We had SEVEN PEOPLE in our lane. That is just way too many. It was awful. The workout was good, but it was really hard to swim a particular time with the crowd. Warmed up with about 300 free. Then did 6x100: first 3 were 50 kick on side (25 each side), 50 free. Last 3 were 50 kick and roll (with 3 strokes) plus 50 free. Next we did 4 sets of 3x50 on 1:15: easy, medium, fast. This part actually worked OK with all the people in the lane, oddly enough. My easy was about 55 sec, medium 50 sec, and yes, I did the fast in 45-47 sec!!! I am getting better! Finally, we worked on open turns for 10 minutes. I'm still not great at them, but they're getting better with practice.

Then, after the swim, I hit the shower, and was in for unpleasantness. After about 2 minutes, when my hair was full of shampoo and I was soaping up, the water started to get cold. I hurried, but it was NOT a pleasant experience.

If Thursday is not better, I'm going to say something to the coach. 7 people per lane is just silly. I can only hope the shower will be better, too.

1 comment:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

I am sorry that the lane was so crowded. 7 is WAY too many. I am jealous that you get to swim though. I miss it. I am racewalking though. We should swap injuries, so I can swim and you can racewalk. Haha