Tuesday, January 20, 2009

5.1 miles!

I managed 5.1 miles pain-free racewalking at my easy pace this morning. I went around SugarHouse Park 2x and to and from my house. On the way back my leg was a bit tight coming down the steep hill, but no pain. I had my IT band strap and my shoe inserts.

I wasn't particularly fast, but I don't really care. I'm obviously going to have to build back my fitness little by little as I am able. Of course, I do have a race in 2 months (on 3/21) and I'd love to be ready for it. But at this point, just to be back on my feet is great. Today I did the 5.1 miles (8.2k) in 55:19 for 10:54 per mile, or about 6:46/km.

Oh, and the weather - pretty cold at 19F and very wet and foggy from the inversion. When I got back to the house, the inside of my jacket was dripping wet! The hot shower was most welcome and too short, as I had to get ready for my babysitting charges.

***

Speaking of the kids, mine were AWFUL this morning. Mouse's kids were pretty good, but mine were just nothing short of terrible. Calvin was so defiant that he didn't get breakfast (he sassed his way right out of getting to sit at the table with everyone else), and Michelle screamed ear-piercing shrieks for at least half the morning between having tantrums and fighting over toys. The kids get SO territorial with their friends over. I can't wait until she really understands how to share a little better. It would have been MUCH easier to be at work this morning. I will keep that in mind if S gets more $ and my job becomes available again. It might be attractive, after today.

***

On another subject, I did lose 0.2 lb last week. I had a GREAT week food-wise and expected to be down about 1-2 lbs, but I think I was retaining some water. I can't go to my WW meeting next Monday because I have a Team in Training meeting, but I am going to be sure to continue my diligence in the food department, and I expect that in a couple weeks I will have taken off a few more in preparation for my race in March :).

No comments: