Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday & Monday

Sunday: 3.75 miles very easy recovery walk in 40:09, around SugarHouse park.

Monday: 8 miles at marathon pace was the goal; I decided to do it by heart rate - my goal heart rate (from advice from Dave McGovern at his clinic) is 142-153. I paced myself right around 143 this morning, and finished my 8 miles in 1:22:xx. Whoa! 10:15 miles?!?!? I know the distance was right because I checked it on the USATF map it tool. Hmmm. I did feel like I was working pretty hard, but the heart rate monitor was pretty constant with its feedback. I surely could have done another 5 miles at this pace, no problem. But another 18? I doubt it. I'm confused. Why was my heart rate so low? I mean, being fast was nice, but it's all a bit mystifying. Probably 10:45 miles are more realistic for the marathon, but had I done that this morning, my heart rate would have been pretty darn low. Weird.

No comments: