Monday, December 28, 2015

10K with Calvin!

Yesterday: rest day....felt a bit fatigued from all the house guests (though it's fun!!!!!).

Today: 10K easy with Calvin. He ran, I racewalked. I started off pretty fast (slight downhill) and maybe shouldn't have; my piriformis is a little more sore and I know I wasn't concentrating quite as much as I should have. I slowed down in the second half and that helped. Calvin wanted to stop and rest a bit 4-5 times during the walk because this was his FIRST 10K ever! He's done a good amount of running but has only run 8K as his longest distance. He did a great job today and it was perfect for me because then I could stop and massage and loosen things up periodically.

I wish I had a picture of the two of us out there today. It was great fun.

Garmin data here. 

Total time 1:05:48 for 6:35/km with ave HR 151.

No comments: