Thursday, February 20, 2014

10K with 3x3' bursts

I'm feeling better today. I could second-guess myself and say I should have worked out yesterday, or I can choose to say that I wouldn't have felt so good today if I hadn't taken it a bit easier yesterday. Either way, I feel better now, and only missed one workout, so that's good. Sore throat is gone and I just have a bit of congestion, swollen lymph nodes, and fatigue remaining.

Fastest 10K of the year so far… but don't get all excited - it was slow, just less slow that I've been. Hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side. The bursts were consistent and pretty good at 2:58, 3:02, 2:56. My total time was 1:04:21 for 6:26/km with ave HR 145. The weather was cooperative, at about 32F (0C) and calm and clear. I got started a bit late, so it wasn't even pitch black out when I left, as the days are getting noticeably longer.

My left foot ached a bit, but it wasn't too bad. I'm still focusing a lot on form and I know I'm getting better posture. It's hard to remember everything at once but the foot reminds me (via pain) if I don't pay attention to that aspect of my form as well. I'm just so glad to be on the mend :).

Garmin data here.

No comments: