Tuesday, May 25, 2010

another rest day

The toe hurts more than advertised. The good news? It doesn't really hurt any worse than before the surgery, at least right now. Last night was a different story - very painful. I took a Vicodin before bed, then 2 in the middle of the night. It says on the label you can take 1-2 every 4-6 hr; they do have 500mg acetominophen, so you really can't take more than 8 in 24 hr safely, but I wasn't planning on it. Regardless, the Vicodin did not agree very much with me last night. I woke extremely nauseated and weak. I had to go into work for a time point, and it took me over 2 hr to get ready to go in, because I had to keep lying down. Once at work, I was barely functional. I did my required duties successfully, but after 2 hours I was still exhausted & nauseous. I don't get paid sick leave, but I didn't care. I went home.

I went to sleep and now I'm awake and feeling slightly better, but still nauseous. Exercising today is pretty much out of the question, as my toe hurts in addition to the nausea. Needless to say, at this point I am not taking anything for the pain - the nausea is worse, and I want to feel better!

I did take a photo of the toe, post-surgery (this morning) for those of you who are curious. WARNING: it's really really gross, so don't look unless you have a strong stomach.

1 comment:

Lantis Lani said...

Eek! Thanks for the warnings that the picture was gross, but my curiosity got the best of me, and I had to look anyhow.

I got a bit behind with my reading while I was in Budapest, but I'm getting caught up now.