Tuesday, November 03, 2009

getting through it

I'm just working on getting through 6 more weeks of no racewalking. It's hard, because the weather is lovely this week here, and I just want to be out in it. After my last incident on my bike outside, getting stuck 4 miles from home w/a flat, I'm not into biking outside w/o a friend. I'm planning on a Saturday ride up Millcreek Canyon with my friend Dorothy; however, until then it's the stationary bike. I managed an hour on the thing this morning, made bearable by reading the rest of my Michael Connelly thriller. The book was just OK, but it kept me going. I probably should do some swimming to mix things up, but I'm enjoying the reading time if not the bike itself.

This could be a really bad food time for me, but so far, I have maintained vigilance. I was at 144.8 lbs this morning, which is my racing weight. I want to keep it there! And I can! And I will! Not easy, like I said, but worth the effort.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Tammy, there are "all but puncture proof" tires (not fast tires but not that expensive) and you can also do shorter loops rather than long rides. I have a 1.3 mile park loop with killer hills.

Nyle said...

6 weeks will fly past but I do understand just how frustrating it is to not be able to do the sport you love. Also with regard to flat tyres on road bikes......I use a tyre slime...its green and it stops punches (it remains liquid til there is a hole then it fills the hole and seals) Good for you re the diet...I find it hard staying at a set weight even when training so good on you!