Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mon & Tues workouts

I worried I'd be sore from rowing on Sunday, but my conditioning must be good because I was just the smallest little bit sore in my right deltoid (shoulder) and other than that I felt perfectly fine yesterday and today.

So, yesterday I did a good hard weight workout; only arrived in time to do 8 minutes of racewalking to warm-up, and then I did the weights and abs. After stretching, I drove home and plopped the kids in front of PBS kids and squeezed out another 20 min on the treadmill. Total: 2.7 miles in about 27 min (yeah, that seems fast... but my ave HR was only 135... something must be a tad off, but whatever, no big deal).

Today I took on a very big challenge. 1600m acceleration warm-up in 10:12 (1st lap about 2:45 and last lap probably 2:20ish?), then mile repeats. Well, OK, 1600m repeats, but since a mile is 1609m it was pretty close :). I intended to maybe do them in between 1/2 marathon pace (10:00/mile) and 10k pace (9:30/mile) but ended up doing them at 10k pace. I felt good and wanted the challenge. I did SIX repeats (yeah, I feel VERY virtuous now!) in 9:29, 9:26, 9:30, 9:28, 9:29, and then I really pulled out all the stops and did a 9:22 to finish. I was pretty trashed so basically walked 2 very slow laps (15-16 min miles?) to cool down and then stretched a lot. My IT band was completely fine but my right piriformis is still bugging me a little. I think I'll do the foam roller & tennis ball a little more later today.

Oh, forgot to mention that I offered a track workout to the TNT people this week and last week, and no one showed. I'm not really that surprised, as that's the way it's been pretty much every time I've offered them; I'm lucky to get 1-2 people to show.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Richardson said...

1600s - another fantabulous workout, Tammy. Your well-rounded training is showing.

Unknown said...

I agree. That's awesome - and so consistent!