Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cross training and FUN

Last night my friend Dorothy and I decided to do some easy biking. Loren was generous enough to watch the kiddos (I put Michelle to bed at 7:30 and then left immediately; he put Calvin to bed) so I could go out. We biked from my house to the mouth of Emigration Canyon, then up the canyon to the first hairpin turn. It was getting a bit dark, so we turned around and biked back. Total time: 1 hr 43 min; only 15 min of that was above 70%max HR. It was a good ride, though, and my quads were tired at the top. I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with Dorothy and hearing all that she's been up to, and it was a great night to be outside. It was a tad warm at the start, but in the canyon it was beautiful and breezy, and very comfortable.

Tonight I'm scheduled for a hard track workout, and it's going to be HOT at 6 pm. I'm not expecting too much speed-wise, but hopefully it will still be a good workout.

No comments: