Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NYC, part 4

This is the last part, I promise! :)

After the TODAY Show appearance, we went back to our hotel, checked out, and had them store our bags for us since the car was coming to pick us up at 5 pm, and it was only noon.

Then we walked over to Rockefeller Center again. Loren took me back to Swarovski (the jewelry store) and bought me a beautiful crystal necklace & earrings, for an early Valentine's Day present as well as a memento of our trip to NYC. I am humbled sometimes by what a sweet husband I have!



Then we decided to wander around 5th Avenue for a while, checking out the sights. It was SO bitterly cold outside - it was only in the 20s, but extremely windy. I'm sure the wind chill was zero or below. The good news was that there were lots of stores to duck into when we got cold. We went in Nike, Tiffany's ($30,000 earrings anyone?), Lindt Chocolates, the Gap, and others. We spent a good deal of time in FAO Schwartz, drooling over all the toys that it would be fun to get for the kids. We didn't really buy anything except for a few chocolates, though. We also walked a bit in Central Park so that Loren could see it, and we had a tasty lunch at a small cafe. We finally walked back to our hotel, and had coffee and tea at the coffee shop nextdoor before the car arrived to take us to the airport.

The flight home was pretty uneventful. We left about an hour late, but they managed to make up the time (they totally pad the schedules!). We flew over Toronto, which was fun --- I waved at Sarah as we went over and took a few pictures for her and for Allan. Can you recognize anything, Sarah & Allan?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heyyyyy, that's cool! But isn't Toronto a little bit out of your way?! I can't really tell what you're looking at there. Usually the skyline over Lake Ontario is the most recognizable part of Toronto because of the CN Tower, Skydome, and skyscrapers, but I don't see any of that in your pictures. Glad you could come visit us, albeit from several thousand feet in the air!

Sara Z. said...

G. and I still talk about the bitter, bitter winds from one Feb weekend we spent in NY. We've never been that cold before or since!

Tammy said...

Nope, Toronto was right on the flight path from NYC to SLC. The planes curve a little north because of the curvature of the Earth, I think...

Cindi said...

Hey Tammy,

Congratulations! I heard a rumor that there is video of your appearance online, but I can't find it. Actually, I heard the link was in Bonnie's most recent newsletter, but I didn't receive it yet. Do youhave a link?