Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Racewalking goals and races for the year

Inspired by Sarah

Here they are ---

Goals:
1. Lose 5 lb by April 19 (the SLC 1/2 marathon), and another 5 lb by August (the CRIM) so I can be in top racing form. I have got to get rid of the 2.5 lb from Christmas, so that only puts me at 7.5 lb below pre-Christmas weight, which I think is a reasonable goal. I'll be thin, but I think it might be a good racing weight.
2. Take Dave McGovern's clinic here in SLC July 10-12 to improve my technique.
3. Continue to make and stick to training schedules for each race. Perhaps run them by Jennifer to get her suggestions.
4. Keep my training log on the Nike website current.
5. HAVE FUN!!!

Races (tentatively):
1. Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon, April 19th.
2. Race for the Cure 5K, May 10th.
3. Art Attack 5K, June 21st (unless I end up doing the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay, which is June 20-21).
4. Deseret News 10K, July 24th.
5. CRIM festival of races 5K racewalk and 10 miler, August 23rd.
6. Boise Women's Fitness Celebration, September 20th.
7. Cold Turkey 6K, November 27th.

I may or may not do a race before April 19th. I am enjoying taking it a bit easy right now, and not really training hard. I think I needed a rest after last season - it was my first season racing, and it wore me out a bit. I am going to write up a training schedule for that race, but probably not for a week or two. I need a little more R&R, and I need to recover from my Christmas vacation first!

No comments: