Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sorting

Today was sorting day. I went through all of the kids' summer clothes and put most of them away, saving out just a few outfits for the occasional warm day that we might get in the next couple of weeks. I got out all of their larger sized fall clothing, though I am not quite done putting Michelle's in her drawers. I sorted all of Michelle's old baby clothes to give to some friends, organizing them by size and by who I am giving them to. My entire trunk is now FULL of her old clothes. It feels really good to get them out of the garage. They were taking up a LOT of space.

It always surprises me how long this takes to do, for some reason. It took me about 4 hours, and I'm still not done, though I'm close. Michelle had so many clothes... 0-3 mo, 3-6 mo, 6-9 mo, 12 mo, winter and summer. I wonder how people do this if they have 5 kids? How can they ever get it done? Heck, I haven't gone through MY clothes yet either. Fortunately, that will be much easier, as I don't have that many! Losing all that weight was great for pruning the ol' wardrobe down. It will probably only take about 30 min to sort through my stuff, put away the summer clothes, and get out the winter ones.

No comments: